Friday, July 27, 2012

A concept in 60 seconds

Another challenge for this week: to film from different and interesting angles, edit our footage, and strip the audio to layer music or a voice over on top of it, and the final product can only be 60 seconds.

I decided to continue using the capoeira kids class that I assist in as my inspiration. I used both my iPhone and my Flip camera to shoot the footage, just to test out how both would look. I also tried to get different views in the class, but that was a little difficult. The gym gives us the training cage space during our time, and I was a bit too close to get a nice view zoomed out. The best I could do was to span the space.

Using the iMovie program on my computer proved to be handy. This was the second time I used it for this class, the first being the podcast introduction, where I edited a video I recorded right from the webcam. This was the first time I put together footage I had to import. There was some experimenting and playing around, but I finally figured it out. *This video was measured at 1 minute in my iMovie program; somehow a second was added when uploading to YouTube. I'm not sure why that is, but at least it was not excessively over one minute.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I really enjoyed your 60 sec video! I like how you incorporated different views as it made the viewer’s experience more interesting. It also allows you to see how some of the movements were done. The music was great I find drums have the power to bring everyone in the room to the same level of regulation; much like a “night-club” experience. GREAT job!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,

    This was a great way to introduce someone to Capoeira! It has a great rhythm in the music! The kids are so actively involved. The captions give the viewer details and all the benefits of getting involved in Capoeira. You could use this as a commercial to advertise your program. Great job!!!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,

    This video is terrific! I agree with Stacy, this video could definitely serve as an advertisement for Capoeira! I loved how you incorporated a song that went along with the movements of the students in the beginning, but branched off into other exercises that had nothing to do with instruments (illustrating the fact that the video was indeed stripped of audio before you laid the audio track in).

    Nicely done!
    Erica

    P.S. No worries about the 1 second overage from YouTube -- It happens quite a bit. I believe you when you say it was only 1 minute long when you went to export it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/128296214217657500imonurrefrig.jpg

    ReplyDelete