Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm in your boards...sketching your stories...

I apologize, I'm in a bit of a wonky mood after a couple of packed and busy days; I'm not sure if anyone will get the reference in my blog title. However, I think we can tell that I'm talking about story boarding.

Here, we can look at the storyboard that I made for my Multimedia Montage Project. There are four panels, one for each of the sub-pages I plan to have for my whole website.
Again, I revert to my "snap a photo and post it" method in showing my work, but I digress...As described in my screencast update, I have a Home page, an announcements page for the center I work at, an announcements page for the classroom I work in, and a page for bilingual and bicultural families of the center. I sketched out the general layout I have for them right now, but put in the changes and content I would like to include.
1.  In the Home page, I would like to take a picture from the actual center or classroom to make it more personal. The website is for the center and for my classroom, why not showcase it?
2.  In the Center's announcement page, I would like to again use an image from the center, and get rid of a link button that was included in the blog header theme. The content of the blogs are pretty straightforward, as I would be following the lead of my director who generates the announcements for the parents.
3.  In the classroom announcement page, I would like to make the same changes mentioned above. The content in this blog would be updates on what theme we are currently learning, copies of the lesson plans, and pictures of activities that we're doing in the classroom. The updates can also include resources that we may have used in the classroom that the children really enjoyed and could be further explored at home with the families.
4.  In the Bicultural-Bilingual Education page, I would like to make similar revisions to the layout. Like the classroom blog, the content will include relevant resources that can be extended to home, but they would be more focused on how to incorporate learning in both the family's first language and English. The key is for the parents to not feel pressured about forcing English on their child for the sake of progress in a mostly English environment. This learning experience is about creating an open and comfortable environment and balance where children can express what they know, what they're learning and be creative.

Looking at my storyboard, I feel like I have accomplished a decent amount, considering that this is a "redo" at an attempt of a class website as a project in the previous course. However, there is much to discover and create. The one thing about my website is that it will be a continuous project, as the content is meant to be updated on a regular basis, at least twice a week. The frequent announcement updates may also give me opportunities to include resources, tools and ideas that I intend to share with the families.

No comments:

Post a Comment